Our Privacy Commitment
Brisbane Bullets Basketball Club Pty Ltd ACN 608 193 497 and its related entities (Brisbane Bullets, we, our or us) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how Brisbane Bullets manages the personal information that we collect, use and disclose and how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information.
Brisbane Bullets is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. Brisbane Bullets is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
How does Brisbane Bullets Collect and Hold your Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in the course of your dealings with us (for example, if you make an enquiry, become a member, purchase products or services from us, subscribe to any publication of Brisbane Bullets, enter a promotion or access our Website).
The type of personal information we collect will depend on your dealings with us. Generally, we will collect your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect other personal and sensitive information from you. For example when:
· you visit our website; or
· you enquire about a product or service offered by us; or
· you enter into any trade promotions, competitions or other offers with Brisbane Bullets or its partners; or
· you fill in and submit a form on our website; or
· you contact us by telephone, mail, email or online; or
· if you are applying for a position with Brisbane Bullets, then the personal information we collect may include your resume, qualifications, skills, education provider and history, work history and residency status. We may need this information to assess your suitability for a position with Brisbane Bullets; or
· if you establish an account with Brisbane Bullets in order to purchase goods or services then the personal information we collect may include proof of identity information, including:
o drivers licence number or other government identifier;
o information in respect of product and service usage, club affiliations, event participation and game attendance, responses to offers made and/or promotions run by Brisbane Bullets or its affiliates, payment patterns and history, and inquiries and complaints.
· Sometimes we collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us.
· If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), please make sure that you have their consent to do so and that you tell them about this policy.
· If we are unable to collect the personal information we require, or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may affect our ability to communicate with you or provide products or services to you.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Brisbane Bullets Collect and Hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a user, customer, provider, contractor, supplier, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
For example, if you enter a trade promotion offered by us, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information required to provide you with the quote. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a provider, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
In general, we may collect the following personal information from you:
· mailing or street address;
· email address;
· telephone number and other contact details;
· age or date of birth;
· credit card information;
· your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
· details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
· any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
· information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
· any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Any personal information that you provide via our website is collected and stored by Brisbane Bullets.
To provide some of our services, we may be required to collect and hold your sensitive information. We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information).
If you provide us with information about another person, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them of this policy. If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Whose personal information does the Brisbane Bullets collect?
Bullets collects or holds personal information about individuals who are:
Prospective Fans and Members - This includes people who have expressed interest in obtaining or learning more about those products and services.
Current & Past Fans and Members - This includes people who previously requested Bullets products or services or who are members or fans of on the Bullets.
Bullets may collect personal information about associates of its customers, such as family members, employees or agents. For example, Bullets may collect personal information about nominated or authorised representatives, the holder of a credit card that is used to pay for a member’s services.
If you are under 18 years of age, we may collect personal information about you from your parent or guardian, and you should only use the Brisbane Bullets website with involvement of a parent or guardian. We ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with the Brisbane Bullets or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Bullets also collects personal information about all the individuals who are involved in providing Bullets products and services. This includes Brisbane Bullets employees including staff, players and coaches, entities and associated Clubs, service providers and suppliers, agents and affiliates, and their staff.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
Generally, these purposes include:
· responding to your enquiries;
· marketing and promotion;
· providing you with our products and services (including developing new products and services);
· obtaining your feedback; and
· running promotions and for our general business operations (for example, maintenance of our business records, compliance with our legal and insurance obligations and statistical and analysis purposes).
We may disclose your personal information to our licensees, agents, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, promotion partners and/or relevant sporting bodies or programs in Australia for the purposes set out above.
Apart from the above instances, we may also use and disclose your personal information with your consent, to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health and safety and as otherwise required or permitted by law or any enforcement body.
If you want to know how we obtained your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will let you know unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
Data Quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details provided below. We will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where:
· providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
· the request is frivolous or vexatious;
· the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be accessible as part of those proceedings;
· providing access would be unlawful;
· denying access is required by law;
· providing access would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body;
· giving access would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
· giving access would pose a threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of providing access to you and will advise you of any fee payable before we provide you with access.
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for record-keeping purposes. The information collected may be used by Brisbane Bullets to improve and customize your experience on our website.
In addition, we may collect aggregated non-personally identifiable data from our website to help us maintain and improve delivery of Brisbane Bullets' online services and marketing. This aggregated information assists Brisbane Bullets to improve content and website navigation.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may collect certain information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
· server address;
· top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
· the date and time of your visit to the site;
· the pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
· the previous site you visited;
· whether you've visited our site before; and
· the type of browser used.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. There are several methods and packages that we use to collect visitor behaviours on each of our online platforms. Like a number of commercial website operators, Brisbane Bullets uses tools to measure and analyse internet usage across our websites. This enables Brisbane Bullets to track the number of unique browsers to our websites.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites are provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third-party websites.
These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Brisbane Bullets' endorsement of any linked third-party website. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to Contact Us
· have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Brisbane Bullets;
· would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Please contact our Privacy officer:
· by telephone on 1300 698 855
· by mail to Brisbane Bullets, ATTN Privacy, PO Box 1535 CARINDALE QLD 4152
· by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 24 April 2020